Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants launched an exclusive partnership with Fotografiska New York, the internationally renowned destination for photography. As part of the official partnership, Kimpton unveiled a curated multi-dimensional photography pop-up installation titled “Stay Human” at Fotografiska’s newly opened U.S flagship museum, Fotografiska New York. Following the January 23rd preview, the installation moved to the Kimpton Hotel Eventi and will travel across the country to five additional Kimpton properties throughout 2020. Kimpton is also partnering with Fujifilm Instax to create unique on-site photography experiences for Kimpton hotel guests across the country.
- New York City (Kimpton Hotel Eventi): January 28 – February 25, 2020
- Miami (Kimpton EPIC Hotel): March 4 – April 1, 2020
- Boston (Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel): April 9 – May 7, 2020
- Chicago (Kimpton Gray Hotel): May 15 – June 12, 2020
- Denver (Kimpton Hotel Born): June 20 – July 18, 2020
- Los Angeles (Kimpton Everly Hotel): July 26 – August 23, 2020
The interactive installation spotlights original photography from acclaimed artists Evelyn Bencicova, Kelia Anne MacCluskey and Elizabeth Bick, and will feature an accompanying reimagined audio guide that enhances the photography through evocative sound design and a first-person narration from each artist on the inspiration behind the work. The installation was inspired by Kimpton’s Stay Human campaign, which is grounded in the idea that in our world of rapid innovation and constant technological changes, people crave more authentic connections, personal experiences and humanity.